Monday, January 06, 2014

Visiting the Castle

Today is the feast of the Epiphany.This was when the three wise men showed up to bring gifts of gold, frankincense and mir to the baby Jesus. Today is when we usually celebrate "Little Christmas". I received very nice gifts from my sister and my nephew. My brother in law, my sister and my grandniece went to visit the Castillo de Amorosa near where I live in Calistoga.I had been up to the castle, but never inside, nor had I ever had a tour of the castle. The nice thing was that locals get a fifty percent discount at the door. My grandniece Mila had a wonderful time, truly making it a wonderful fantasy environment for a princess. She took every opportunity to have her picture taken, and explore every nook and cranny of this wonderful building/winery. The best picture of course, was the one showing her dining room where all her royal friends would be dining.

No comments: